Here is a step by step overview of the process to help you!
Step 1 – Congratulations on buying a home
Get Started Looking For Your New Home
- Obtain pre-approved financing at your financial institution
- Arrange deposit/down-payment for buying your home
- I will provide you with MLS listings
Remember – I can show you any house, anytime, that is anywhere! Even if a home is listed with another agent OR company, I can show it to you.
Making An Offer To Purchase A Home – You are ready to be buying your home!
- Writing up an offer containing conditions to protect you and address all of your concerns and needs
- I will assist you in how much to offer and I will negotiate on your behalf to get the best deal possible
- Conditions – I will ensure any conditions are met
- Deposit is in place
- Possession date
Conditional Sale of Home
- Get mortgage approved/ financing in place
- Inspections and removal of conditions
- PCDS – The PCDS is a form completed by the seller, disclosing any known defects
- I’m here for you! I will looks after all of these details on your behalf. It’s my responsibility to make this as smooth as possible for you.
Sold – Your New Home Awaits!
- Meet with your lawyer to sign papers
- Meet with your mortgage broker to sign papers
- Arrange utility hook up
- Arrange movers
- Take possession of your new home!
How Much Money?
How much money will I have to come up with when I purchase a home? I have included a list of fees that you typically encounter when purchasing a home. Please keep in mind that these are approximate values meant to give you an outline.
- DEPOSIT – The amount required when you write an offer (typically $5,000 – $10,000)
- DOWN PAYMENT – Total cash required depending on mortgage amount
- INSPECTION FEE – These are optional and at your discretion (typically $500)
- LEGAL FEES – Title registration, mortgage registrations and lawyer fees (typically $1,000- $3,000)
- APPRAISAL/ MORTGAGE/ CMHC – typically $400
- COMMISSIONS – As a buyer you pay zero commissions. The seller pays all commissions.
- INSURANCE – You are required to have insurance in place prior to possession. Depending upon policy (typically $600 – $1,500)
- UTILITIES – Installation, connection and deposit fees for: SaskTel, SaskEnergy, SaskPower, City of Saskatoon, Shaw Cable, etc.
- CONDO FEES – You are responsible for Condo Fees starting the month you take possession.
- GST – There may be GST applicable on newly constructed homes, land, or commercial real estate.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.